I saw it last night!!

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 09:12:04 EDT

I ordered my 97' from a fleet buyer in MN, so all
the paperwork has to be done via fedex. Because of
the strike, the paperwork was late getting from CC to
the dealer in MN. It usually arrives before the truck
is shipped. It turns out the truck was shipped on 5/12,
so he said it would probably get to the local dealer
(in NJ) this week (before the paperwork). I just got
the invoice with the VIN yesterday (5/21), and will be
sending the check today.

On a hunch, I was out with the family last night,
and we 'took a little detour' to see if daddy's new
truck was in. Sure enough, sitting right next to the
street so the whole world could see, was that AWESOME
brilliant blue truck! I can't describe how great it looks
(pics will be taken and scanned as soon as its home). So
we all peeked inside and ooh'd and aah'd over everything.
But the coolest thing was the window invoice sticker.
Right at the very top it said:

This vehicle was especially prepared for
        Charles F. Maurer III

Is that cool, or what?

One thing I think really made it look sharp was the
Tire&Handling package. I was worried that it would
make it look like one of those 'monster trucks' that
you need a ladder to get in to. It didn't. It was
parked right next to a Ram 2x4 and it looked much nicer
proportionally...

I was also worried that the 6x9 mirrors would
give it a Dumbo effect. They didn't. I'll have to
keep a look for that blind spot John was referring to
(a Ferd executive? Now I'm confused).

Anyway, because we'll be out of town for MemDay weekend,
I probably won't be able to pick it up until next Tuesday
or Wednesday :-(

As it turns out, next weekend we'll be at a birthday
party for a friend's son in DE. My buddy just bought
a Tacoma, so of course I'll have to bring my new baby
to see who got the better truck ;-)

L8R guys...

| Chip Maurer       Digital Equipment Corporation |
| chip@unx.dec.com  200 Route 9 North             |
| (908) 577-6195    Manalapan, NJ 07726           |