Re: 92 dakota v6 oil gauge problem -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 11:45:48 EDT

Ron wrote:
I'll bet it's the sensor or a loose wire.

I had the oil sending unit go out on mine 2 years ago. . .it was just
great to be driving down the road, look down, and see ZERO oil
pressure. . . .like to scared me to death. I killed the motor,
whipped it off the road, popped the hood. . oil level was fine.
Started the truck up again. . .oil pressure came up just like normal.
 Started driving it again. . .oil pressure went back down to ZERO.
Replaced the sending unit and have had no problems since.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto
s0042745@cedarville.edu