Tow Hooks for 97

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu May 22 1997 - 17:52:32 EDT

Finally had the tow hooks installed on my 97 4x4. They look really good.

Turns out to be the first set the dealer had installed.... they followed
CC's instructions to the letter and cut the plastic skid plate (guard?)
according to the supplied template.

When I got it back, I found the brake line loose from it's clips on the
driver's side and being pressed by the reshaped plastic plate (caused by
bending the plate around the tow hook mounts). What a dumb place to put
brakes lines anyway...on the front of a forward X-member!!! Smarten up
CC!!!, you can do better than that.

Anyway, I took it back to the dealer because the brake line was also now
exposed below the plastic plate. They didn't really have any solutions.
So, when I got home, I pried the plastic plate out from inside of the frame
and voila .... brake line no longer being pressed or exposed ... why
couldn't the dealer have figured that out?

Why couldn't CC have provided a replacement plastic plate (as part of the
$200 kit), to ensure a proper fit?

Cheers.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com