Re: Dies at idle

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 10:45:55 EDT

>I think I remember a thread a while back about the air idle speed motor
>or some other thing that controls idle that was causing these type

If you're pushing 80-100K it's quite likely your speed sensor. If you
have cruise control, you'll know because it won't stay on speed.

The speed sensor seems to be designed to fail at about 100k - there's
a thin teflon washer that isolates the sensor parts electrically, and
it will fail after about the equivalent number of revolutions. I guess
Dodge wanted to make sure you brought your truck in for service!

The idle speed motor is the other likely culprit.

Jim
-- The end of all our travels is to return to where we began and to truly
know the place. -- T. S. Eliot