Re: Front clip

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Fri May 23 1997 - 16:32:14 EDT

*snip*

> A thousand pardons!!!, I thought you meant propane which is rare in the
> US, is very popular in Canada. Natural gas is called natural gas here, no
> fancy acronyms. Great for heating homes and hot water, not so good for
> vehicles.
>
> But then, who would want a natural gas powered vehicle? Great heavy fuel
> tank, low volume and big power loss. Kinda like looking for an electric
> powered Dakota. I'm sure someone has built one somewhere. :)
>
> Rob Agnew
> ragnew@islandnet.com
>
> Victoria, B.C.
> Canada

        We do a bit of work for the NAVY, and they use CNG powered
Dodge RAM vans, and other vehicles (Some Dakotas, some Chevy 1500's,
and Dodge Caravans). One of the guys we work with has a very nice, and
loaded Dodge Caravan... CNG powered (Compressed Natural Gas..easy
enough)... He gets a wopping 65-85 miles per fill up... Which means its
an around town vehicle... Originally they tried to use a CNG vehicle at
another installation, but couldn't drive it to the other base (less than
150 mi)
because it would run out of 'gas' before they got there, and filling
stations
aren't quite dime a dozen yet...

        Once they get the Hydrogen/electric powered vehicles perfected,
I'll buy one...(500 miles per 20 gallons of water...or something like
that...)

        Just think, if you had to 'go', you could fill your car at the same
time ! LOLOLOL :P

..Sam '95 SLT (Burning dead dinosaurs at 15 miles per gallon of dino-stuff)