Re[2]: For Rob....97' Dakota tow hooks

From: Sean P Meldrum (Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com)
Date: Sun May 25 1997 - 06:27:01 EDT

     Thought I might add a note here......got a guy down in the test lab
     here at work that used to work at a place that did testing for
     Chrysler vehicles. One of the areas he spent some time on was latch
     and hinge mount areas on the new Daks. Seems there was problems with
     these areas bending when the doors were "flung" (for lack of a better
     term) open or slammed shut. These problems were addressed
     (supposedly) but all '97 owners may want to be careful about the
     doors. I've made a point of not letting the door swing full open
     under it's own weight. It's hard not to slam the door at least a
     little as all that weatherstrip make a pretty air tight seal when the
     windows are up.

sean meldrum
Email @ Home: spm@c3net.net
Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, Black,
graphics removed, 'Meldrum' fresh air filter combo,
MSD 6A/Blaster 2 awaiting installation