I'm in sound system heaven!!!

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc@deltanet.com)
Date: Sat May 24 1997 - 21:13:05 EDT

Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought the Alpine 6 disc cd changer
for use with the factory stereo with CD controls. The changer model #
CHM-S601 ran me $350. The adapter to hook up to the stereo $50. The
install $50. I had planned on it mounting under the passenger seat, but
the installer said "no go". It was just not going to fit. Not enough
clearance due to the spring under there. He ended up putting it in the
glove box (after making a few mods to the structure of it). That's OK
by me since it is easier to get to while driving. I'll just use the
very convenient center console to store "gloves" :-).

Today, I put in an amp and sub. I just needed cleaner bass. The
Infinity system just wasn't cutting it. I bought a hot box and put an
Alpine 8" sub in it. Hooked it up to a Kenwood amp, which also wouldn't
mount under the seat. The changer and amp were installed at separate
places and both said there was not enough room under the seats. The
solution: They removed the plastic panel of the Driver's side in the
club cab. Then they cut a hole in the interior sheet metal and put the
amp in there. With the panel back on you can't even see the amp. If
someone wants to steal my amp, they are going to have to take the whole
truck! Any way, I couldn't be happier. The system sound GREAT!!!

Just thought I would share my experiences with y'all.
P.S. The sub box sits on the rear bench seat and is easily removed if I
need to haul people. Speaking of which, I did have myself and 5 others
in there the other day. It was tight, but we fit. Gosh, I love my
truck. The installers at both places also couldn't help but drool when
I told them how much power and the payload and towing capacities of my
"baby". Sorry I'm bragging again aren't I? How can you help it
though? 'till next time,

Ryan