Re: MSD wires are a little too hot to handle. . .

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun May 25 1997 - 18:03:34 EDT

<< I would
 HIGHLY recommend leaving the stock coil in and NOT cutting the wires
 to the stock coil connector to use for the MSD. Just get some 12
 guage wire and shove in the connector's holes and then hook it up.

Hey Rob

Did you get to take your sweety on the rides? Sound like old man Murphy got
into your day. Pretty lucky you didn't lose the whole truck. I have the MSD
with the stock coil and what I did was cut the wires and installed connectors
(good thing to because the first day I put it on I had a problem and had to
revert back to stock) with one female and one male on each end (so it cannot
be hooked up wrong) and then made a jumper wire. If anything goes wrong with
the MSD I can have the stock system hooked up in less that 5 minutes. I had a
problem with the MSD retard box but am very pleased with MSD tech support and
resolving of the problems. I would hope to think that your problem was a
isolated case but any one else using them should check them out. I hope MSD
makes it right with you..

Bill