Air flow question

From: Mathew DePasquale (mat1@rochester.infi.net)
Date: Sun May 25 1997 - 18:31:48 EDT

OK guys ... Another question. On my '96 Dakota Sport (though it's
probably on most or all Dakota's this way), there is a piece of plastic
that covers the square air intake right up front by the grille. The
intake hole is probably 4x2 inches or so and this piece of plastic only
lets a small portion of air in. I took it off and plan on using a K&N
air filter soon. I noticed a *slight* but noticeable increase in
power.
Anyone else try this? BTW, I have the 3.9L engine.

Mat