Re: Tube side steps...

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon May 26 1997 - 05:21:11 EDT

On Mon, 26 May 1997 07:31:26 -0600, you wrote:

>Morning all,
>
> I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with tube side steps on their Dakota's, what they look like installed, and if they bought pure CC or went after market on them. As well, I'm looking for an aftermarket vendor on them, as I don't care to pay CC's $389 (Cdn, on sale) when I think I should be able to get them for around $200. (Or am I dreaming?)

        Pat,

        The ones I am looking into buying are from Westin. I called
them and they are not going into production until July. They are the
3" tube with a molded plastic step, and the step is not cut into the
tube. They are supposed to be bolt on with no drilling required.
Someone and I on this list talked about his (Older Dak) and he likes
them.

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes...