Re: 91' AUTO-SKIPS OUT OF O.D.

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Mon May 26 1997 - 12:52:31 EDT

At 12:34 am 5/26/97 EDT, you wrote:

>MY 1991 V8 DAKOTA'S AUTO TRANS. SOMETIMES JUST TURNS ON AND OFF ITS OVERDRIVE
>IT IS REAL ANNOYING TO BE DOING 75 ON WET ROADS AND JUMP 1100 RPM
>IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM PLEASE RESPOND
My 92 does this sometimes (mostly during hotter weather). My 3.9's
automatic has been rebuilt, which fixed it's other problems but it still
does this. I've learned to live with it.

The computer seems to "learn" about the problem. It happens more after the
batterys been disconnected and happens less as time goes on. HUH

Sorry I can't help with a cause or solution. MM

       // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
    {}|| | | ||{} mmeye@umr.edu
      [=============] 92 Dakota SLE Club Cab
      | D O D G E | Magnum 3.9l V6 4X2 3.55