Re: Tires -Reply

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue May 27 1997 - 12:05:09 EDT

----------
> From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. <S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Tires -Reply
> Date: Monday, May 26, 1997 11:51 AM
>
> Sam wrote:
>
> Today I am going to put the rears on the front to see if they
> will clear everything... If so, I'll get 255-60's for the front too..
>
> Sam, this will probably slow you down a little bit to put 255's on
> the front. It will help you out in the corners for road hugging
> ability, but it will hurt your acceleration due to the increased
> rolling resistance associated with wider tires. That's why ya never
> see fat tires on the front of a dragster, ya know? Just a thought. .
> .
>
> - Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto
> s0042745@cedarville.edu

        I thought about that... But the better handling for me would
be a blessing... And actually , the weight of the 215-15 is more than
the 255-60... The rims are about the same weight... So the rolling
resistance vs. the additional rolling mass (to get them going) might
cancel out any disadvantages of a wider tire....

        The tires are called Modifier GT....made in Canada (take off
eh!?)...and have a 420 treadwear with A traction B temp.... A long
wearing tire...

        Sam '95 SLT