Re: Tires -Reply -Reply

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Tue May 27 1997 - 12:21:47 EDT

----------
> From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. <S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Re: Tires -Reply -Reply
> Date: Tuesday, May 27, 1997 09:16 AM
>
> Sam wrote:
> >So the rolling resistance vs. the additional rolling mass (to get
> >them going) might cancel out any disadvantages of a wider tire....
>
> Hmm. . . maybe so. Didn't think about that. . .
>
> - Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto
> s0042745@cedraville.edu

        Plus, in my case I have AT tires on a truck that only sees
the dirt when I go to the local beach (to launch a jetski), or do some
exploring when I go to ride my motorcycle...

        Oh yeah, people asking whether or not to get SG... Get it.
I had a non SG Dakota 2 years ago, and got stuck at least 8 times
parking in the sand with the right wheel in the sand, and the left on
the pavement!!! I even tried the parking brake trick, trying to get the
left to pull..No dice... With my '95 with SG, I drive through the same
sand, down to the water...put the jetski in the water (stand up ski, so
I carry it, and place it in the water)...Then drive back up through the
sand... With 4x2 I've driven though sand that a 4x4 S10 Chevy got
buried in...left front and right rear spinning... The one time that I
did get stuck in my '95, I unstuck myself... Had a friend push, I let out
the clutch at idle, then got out of the truck and helped push...All the
while the truck idled out in 1st gear...ran up, and jumped in once we
were free... My friend was laughing his *** off when I did that... The
truck runs at about 3-5 mph at idle in 1st....

        Sam '95 SLT....