Re: dakota 5 speed vs. auto

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 10:52:50 EDT

On Wed, 28 May 1997 11:43:13 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>> I don't understand what you're getting at here. Dodge automatics allow you
>> to select second gear to slow yourself going downhill.
>>

> I have to agree with you there Rob, every Dodge auto I've seen allowed
>you to put it into 2nd or 1st if you needed to for mountains etc., I don't
>know whose autos he's talking about.
>Bruce

He may be talking about the new style automatics that will not hold in
a certain gear. I do not know about the Dodge's trannys, but the
Tranny in my Chevy work truck will upshift to second if the RPM's are
high enough. Doesn't matter that the gear selector is in "1".

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow