Re: Drat!!!! (turkey damage on my '97)

From: Alan Casey (acasey@mail.io.com)
Date: Wed May 28 1997 - 12:55:13 EDT

> Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 10:37:46 -0700
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> From: Rob Agnew <ragnew@islandnet.com>
> Subject: Re: Drat!!!! (turkey damage on my '97)

> <snip>
> > Not knocking automatics, I had one before... Just explaining the main
> >differences... Heck, I miss being able to drive to work without spilling
> >my coffee!
> >I went with the 5 speed because of the towing advantages... And don't miss
> >the
> >auto one bit (except for coffee!)
> >
> > ...Sam '95 SLT
> >
> If you've every watched a guy with a manual transmission trying to pull his
> boat out of the water up a steep, slippery lauch ramp, you'd buy the
> automatic for sure.
>

> Rob Agnew
> ragnew@islandnet.com
>
> Victoria, B.C.
> Canada

I used to have an automatic, but when I bought my
Dak, I especially wanted the standard for my boat
towing. I used to hate the way an automatic will
not let you release the drivetrain from the load
if the emergency brake slips. I would
practically hang off the shifter lever to get it
out of park. On the other hand the clutch works
great. Put limited slip on it and no more ramp
problems.

Alan...