Re: Any 92-96 Bra (Front Cover) Experiences ?

From: jaallis (jaallis@ibm.net)
Date: Thu May 29 1997 - 00:14:02 EDT

Steve Lowe wrote:

> On Wed, 28 May 1997 15:02:33 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >Any Dak owners have/use a Bra out there (well, I
> >worded that wrong but you know what I mean) ;^)
>
> I've got a lot of experience with unfitting bras but I think you are
> referring to the car type. heh =]
>
> Here in Arizona, the state just loves to chip-seal roads, (hot
> tar and pour on small rocks) as you can guess, driving in this garbage
> is to be avoided at all costs. I picked up the Mopar front-end cover
> (two-peice) as I made the salesman throw it in the deal. I have not
> one rock chip in my truck yet (knocking on wood) and it fits great. No
> flapping, shrinking, or any problems at all. I have only gotten caught
> in the rain twice, and immediately took it off. I used to detail cars
> so I wash and maintain mine religiously, (Washed it twice over the
> holiday weekend due to four-wheeling trips) so every time I do, I
> check the back of it, in the soft underlining, and pick out any small
> bus, leaves, dirt, etc.
> I have never seen a vehicle "cloud" due to a bra so I don't
> know about that. I do know it's a catch 22, if you don't, you get
> chips, if you do it may hurt the paint. I say go for it...
>
> Steve
>
> 97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes...
> Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow
I also live in Az. and just love the chip sealing. What brand is the
factory bra. I have a 94 that doesn't get driven much (27,700 miles)
and I'd like to keep as much of the factory paint on it as possible.
The paint seems to scratch easily, seems evertime I drive it some
intelligent person in a parking lot takes home some of my paint. Doen't
matter how far away I park, when I come out there's always another car
or two around it so I've just given up hiking to stores.

Jay

94 Sport SB std cab V6