Re: Oil

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Thu May 29 1997 - 12:12:59 EDT

Tony;

Yes you should use the recommended oil, any brand as long as it is "SAE"
approved spec. However, there is a lot of brand loyalty out there and
reasons why each person uses what they do. If you change your oil and
filter every 3000 miles the brand 'probably' doesn't matter, just that it
meets the manufacturer's recommendations and has "SAE" approved spec.

Personally I use straight weight oil and have just change brands for the
Dakota, I am using *Gulfpride* SAE 30. I switched form *Kendall GT-1*, SAE
30, which I have used in everything I have ever owned. The switch was due
to the ease of availability and I normally change the oil and filter every
2000 miles (cheap insurance).

just my 2 cents

                           L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
                        !!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
           White/Driftwood/CC/4x4/5.2L/5spd/3.92SG/FIPK clone