FW: Tube side steps...

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Thu May 29 1997 - 15:29:00 EDT

> I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with tube side
steps on
>their Dakota's, what they look like installed, and if they bought pure
CC or
>went after market on them. As well, I'm looking for an aftermarket
vendor on
>them, as I don't care to pay CC's $389 (Cdn, on sale) when I think I
should be
>able to get them for around $200. (Or am I dreaming?)

> Ned Vogler just put nerf bars on his '96 not too long ago. If you'd
>like to see what they look like installed, there are a few pictures on
>the DML Home Page
>(http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/dakota.html).
>I think Ned got the Westins, but I'll let him tell you all about 'em.
 :)

Hi guys -

Yes, I did indeed get the Westin chrome nerf bars for my '96 Dakota...
they were I believe $369.99 <gulp>.. yes, they're expensive, but they
have a five-year warranty, they're 3" chrome with built-in sidesteps...
they look great and really add to the overall trim look on the truck (I
have an SLT model with chrome bumpers, mirrors, wheels, exhaust tip,
etc.) they are also offered in a flat black powdercoat finish as well...
I got 'em thru the Sears Automotive mail-order catalog (Hello Sears
card!) but I'm sure you can get 'em other places as well... Good luck...

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/