Re: My first 50 miles

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Fri May 30 1997 - 16:56:42 EDT

----------
From: Pat Buthmann <patb@mindless.com>
To: 'dakota@ait.fredonia.edu'
Subject: RE: My first 50 miles
Date: Friday, May 30, 1997 11:49 AM

I've noticed the same thing on my '97. With the 22 Gal tank, (83L), the
most I've ever put in was 18 Gal (68L). It's comforting to know that
you've got the better part of 50 or so miles of leeway, but it's a pain in
the a@@ when the gauge reads empty, the idiot lights flashing at you, and
you have to delay your trip to wherever due to a fill-up. It usually
happens when I'm in a hurry too. Probably the first time I try to stretch
it, I'll run out. At least the fuel needle doesn't bounce around like the
one in my YJ. Had to be the worst sending unit ever. I never knew if the
tank was full, empty, or somewhere in between.

Pat Buthmann

--
Pat, figure your worst tank of city/hwy mileage... 14 mpg... @ 22 gallons
you have at least a 308 mi range...