My first 50 miles

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Fri May 30 1997 - 09:56:47 EDT

I can't stand it any more... I'm trying to get some
work done, but I need to get this out....

I picked my truck up last night. Since the local
dealer was only acting as a 'courtesy drop point',
the delivery process took about 15 minutes. I paid
my state sales tax and got the keys.

Looked the inside and outside over. Looks great!
Couldn't find any defects or blemishes. Started
it up. Sounds great! I was surprised how deeper
the V8 sounded compared to our Exploder's V6.
Brakes were quiet, although I had to sit on them
a little harder than I expected. Took it home to
show the wife and kids. I now know that I'm going
to have to hide the spare key!!! Took the fambly
to pick up the Exploder which I left at the dealer.
Kids fit well in back, but I don't think a cross
country trip is in order. I sat in back to see
how it is. Not bad, but I don't think a cross county
trip is in order. I didn't buy it to be a mini-van...

Fiddled with the overhead console. Not bad. I got
real excited about my mileage, but realized that it
was in meters per picoliter (or some such metric stuff)
mode. MPG ain't good now, but I know this'll improve.

Only one issue. I didn't notice this from the dealer
to my house, but once I got home, I started hearing
a 'belt chirp' from the engine, mostly at idle. I'm
going to give it until Monday, and if it doesn't go
away, I'll bring it in.

Really enjoyed the story from Pat about smoking the
Cheby. I'm going pretty easy on mine for a
while (<60 MPH), and no WOT. I'll open it up later.

| Chip Maurer       Digital Equipment Corporation |
| chip@unx.dec.com  200 Route 9 North             |
| (908) 577-6195    Manalapan, NJ 07726           |