Re: Picin' on WillTeir [was Re: Muscle cars ......]

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri May 30 1997 - 19:58:09 EDT

<< P.S., Bill I own stock in Gulf Oil, Chelsea, MA 02150 ;-) ;-) Some of
 the preceding is serious and some ribbing, God only knows I love a good
 ribbing, huh ... Old Boy! >>

Yepper I heard all that loud and clear. I use Castrol GTX, you know the stuff
that doesn't break down like the others. Any way I know about the parafin
deal I fouund it in Valvoline damn near died when I popped the valve cover on
my 79 Plymouth Champ to adhust the valve lash, it looked like somebody waxed
the engine. I had been using Castrol GTX but the distributor had problems or
something and could not get it for about a year around here. Once I found the
Parafin I switched (something I hate to do) to Pennzoil. That cleaned it up
but had oil leaks and it would use a qt. in about 1500 miles after that. I
finally was able to get the GTX again and have used it since. The other
reason I went with Castrol was when I worked at the Suzuki dealer for a few
years in mid 70's they came out with a 125 motocross bike and we sold a ton
of them. Boy they were brining them back in days with the cranks out of them
so Suzuki out in California determined it was the oil and the took and set up
these 125 engines on stands and used a different oil in each engines (enough
to cover all the available brands) and wired the throttles wide open and let
them run till they blew up to find out what oils would work in them. They had
to give up on one (thats 1 for those who can't read) and shut it off, the one
with Castrol in it. We also did some research partly by accident then
intentional after that and tried using different oils in Bikes and Sleds and
Castrol both 2 cycle and GTX would consistently run higher RPM and was faster
than anything else. In the injected 2 stroke we would put a oil and run it
for a tank or 2 of fuel and compare it to others (we used about 10 or 15
bikes) and then drain the oil and try another. We would try it on one and
leave the others and ECT. It took quite a while but the Castrol run better
consistently. The only problem we had with Castrol was with the 2 stroke if
you left it parked for an extended period (snowmobile over the summer) the
oil would dry off the parts and seize or rust them up. So far as mixing and
running it worked super only sitting had problems. There was a noticeable
difference with the Castrol and never had a parafin or sludge problem with
any thing I had apart. The other oil I have had a lot of dealing with and
would take as 2nd choice is Mobil..

I told you it was a long story but it came to where I had to share that with
ya. Maybe we can get into the gas stories next... ho ho ho

OK Hot Dog it's your turn, pile it deeeeep (not over 5'6" though)

Old Boy

your local *HEMI* dreamer

Hey how much fer the Hemi? I figured you had stock in that Gulfpride, I'll
bet a stock story from you could get pretty long also...ho ho ho