'97 Automatic problems Attn: Stacy Clark

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 01 1997 - 07:14:50 EDT

Stacy,

The red gear indicator (dash) isn't loose on mine but it doesn't seem to be
in the right place. When the indicator is centered on "D" the shift lever
has already started down to the "2" position. It will snap back the first
bump I hit. Think it needs a linkage adjustment.

Also, I have not been happy with the sift pattern. Shifted OK at wide-open
Throttle but partial throttle shifts have been very poor and erratic.
Taking the Dak to the transmission shop Monday night. Having the fluid
and filter changed, and new electronic valve body (shift kit) and a large
Hayden Cooler installed. This should make it shift how I want it too.

If any folks who have a '97 automatic and are interested in this modification
I will try to get the part numbers involved and the prices. The cost
estimate
for me was about $450.

David R.
Sterling Heights