Re: Bed Protection

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jun 01 1997 - 13:07:44 EDT

At 12:24 PM 6/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>This is my first post to the forum.
>
>Two weeks ago I purchased a 1997 Dakota Sport - 3.9 - 5 Speed - Emerald
Green. I love it, I've put 500 miles on it, and haven't really gone anywhere.

>My question concerns Bed protection. Liners ? Spray-in Liners? Cover? Cap?
>
>I get a different answer from everyone I ask. I am leaning toward just
going to Walmart and buying the heavy duty rubber mat for the floor of the
bed, and at the end of the summer putting a Tonneau cover on.

>I'd like to hear what others have done - and suggest.
>
>Thanks - Dave

Welcome to the list Dave. The bedliner choice is not an easy one. I first
considered a "carpet" type liner but then worried about moisture. After
seeing some ads on spray-in liners and sending for info from Rhino Linings
I had just about decided that it was gonna be a Rhino Liner for my '97. I
got some info from a fellow list member, and I'm sure he'd be willing to
post the products virtues to the list or you directly, about the BedRug.
Moisture proof, foam backed full bed protection. Cheaper, lighter, more
attractive than a spray-in and its removable too. This is the route I've
decided to go. I'll be ordering a soft, gas lift tonneau from Checkmate on
Monday. Probably do the "Rug" at the end of summer. Hope this helped.