Re: Idea for the web site

From: Jon Steiger (steiger@ait.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 10:48:47 EDT

At 02:05 PM 6/1/97 -0400, Sean Meldrum wrote:
>Excellent idea guys. Have to agree with Jon....socially irresponsible and
>politically incorrect?.....*gotta* do it now. Someone had the idea of
>small .gif's with little brand icons underneath. I like this. Kinda like
>notches in yer steering wheel. If the .gif's are too much than the persons
>name with a link to there pics would work just as well I think.

   Yeah, I really liked that idea too! :) Kinda like the WWII fighter
pilots who had little flags on their planes for kills, or bomber pilots
who painted a little bomb on the side... One nice thing about the gifs
is that you only need to load them once. If your browser sees another
.gif that it has already loaded, it won't reload it again, it'll just
display it again in the new location. So, even if there were a lot
of small .gifs on the page, it would only take as much bandwidth as
the intersection of the set of graphics. (Ok, stop your complaining...
I don't like to explani stuff in mathematical terms either, but this
was the only way I could think of...) :)

>I also agree that spanks should be posted as well as spankings. Gotta know
>who not to mess with, ya know? ;^)

   There've been a couple of posts that disagree with you, but I
must admit, I like this idea. It would really help to establish a
pecking order... I mean, who really expects a Dak to beat a
Corvette, or a 3000GT, etc.? If you do, you got a nice break, or
you've got an awesome truck. :) I kinda like the idea of posting
the spankings because it helps to establish a "pecking order", to
give people (who are considering buying a Dak perhaps) an idea
of where the Dak fits into the automotive rat race... Also, I think
it'll give the page a lot more credibility. I don't think we can
expect people to take us seriously if we don't admit that we do,
on occasion, get beaten. You know, good and bad, yin and yang,
balance in the universe, and all that jazz... :)

>Keep us posted Jon on the developments.

   I was hoping we'd get some good ideas, and we've got some great
ones now! :) I'm going to try and figure out how to put all this
stuff together; and if anyone has any suggestions or any more ideas,
please feel free to post 'em! (Or you can e-mail them to me privately,
if you prefer.) :)

                                              -Jon-

    Jon Steiger - Network Administrator for Academic Information Technology
    .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
    | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
    | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
     I do not speak for SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.