RE: Bed Protection

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 15:54:07 EDT

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com:

Am I nutso here, or am I the only one on this list who bought the Dak
to use as a Truck? I thought the whole idea of the bed liner was to
leave it in the truck, Not take it out and wash under it!!

Do you take off the vinyl siding on your house to re-paint once in
a while too?
Sorry... couldn't resist... ;-)

Now I'll step aside... so 'cmon now let me have it!
-rICK

No Rick,

you're right on!

I don't know what people are talking about. I got a Duraliner
installed on my 10 yr old Nissan. It's got drainholes underneath
in the bed for water to drain out. Since the bed has ripples, air
can circulate. I just toss everthing into the bed and drive my
snowmobile into it. I could care less that the paint may have worn
off in a few places as it's never rusted through. Set it & forget
it. In the unlikely circumstance that a spot rusted through enough
to concern me about structural strength, there's always the firewrench
to put in a patch (which would be coverered after reinstalling the liner).

I supposed different strokes for diff folkes, but I don't want to eat
off the bed of my truck and a liner is the best compromise to stay
good looking without constant maintenance.

-Bob T.