Re: Tire Rotation

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 17:28:03 EDT

Well since no one wanted to do the research, I did.

I have in my hand a "Tire Maintenance Warranty and Safety Manual" from the
*Firestone Co.*.

On page no. 10 it states the following: The purpose of tire rotation is to
minimize irregular or uneven wear caused by maintaining a tire in one
rotation direction and one position over an extended period. The following
rotation patterns are normally recommended for *radial* passenger tires:

        R.W.D
LF to RR and RF to LR, LR to LF and RR to RF

        F.W.D.
LF to LR and RF to RR, LR to RF and RR to LF

Some exceptions to these patterns may exist. See your owner's manual for
recommended pattern. (in the case of this particular vehicle the owner's
manual indicates either the R.W.D procedure or the five wheel swap that I
posted originally.

Later folks. ;-)

                           L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
                        !!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
           White/Driftwood/CC/4x4/5.2L/5spd/3.92SG/FIPK clone
                                     *Gibson* on the way