Stock Dakota Performance

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 21:30:54 EDT

Hello to all again.

I've noticed that many members of this group are performance orientated
and it seems to me that the Dakota is the Chrysler performance HOT ROD
of the Nineties. With this in mind I'm interested in knowing what kind
of performance numbers you've turned in bone-stock trim. That's right
off the showroom floor. No performance SBEC or filter or exhaust,etc..
Reason I ask is that I have a piece of software that's telling me with
the inputs(data) I give it, 0-60= 7.8-8.0, 1/4= 15.9-16.2. Data [Reg Cab
2WD SWB,3650 lbs, 230 HP@4400, 300lb-ft@3200, 4-SPD AUTO, 3.90 GEARS,
Driving technique = 900 RPM Powerbrake & 5200RPM Shifts.] I realize that
atmospheric conditions and altitude will vary the results but I'm
interested to know what your results were. What level of mods do you
need to run with say a 275/285/305HP Camaro/Firebird, 215HP Mustang???