Re: Mileage issues..

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 18:45:18 EDT

Bruce Aaron Hefner wrote:

> Well guys all I can say is if you want power and performance you've got to
> expect to take a hit in the mpg department, I personally would rather have
> the power, performance, and reliability of a Dak with a V-8 than the
> fuel-efficiency of smaller and/or lower geared trucks, the lower fuel
> efficiency is worth it when you hook up a trailer and your truck acts like
> it isn't even there or when you spank someone drag racing, just my
> opinion.

Well, who buys a truck for gas mileage anyways, right? I just get
a little ticked off when the window sticker says "14 city 18 highway"
and then I get 14 highway. I mean, that's not terrible but it is
a false representation to an extent.

But you are right, for the speed and power of a V8 Dakota it is
worth the sacrifice!

Phil
'97 Dakota
'67 Charger