Re: Mileage issues..

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 22:53:02 EDT

Bruce Aaron Hefner wrote:

> > The 3.21 is available in the Dakota, and I'm assuming other
> > lower(?) ratios are available in the full-size trucks. I used
> > to drive a 1975 Trans Am in high school that had a 2.56 posi!
> > That thing was a dog off the line, but it would do 160!
> >
> Hey Phil where did you find a place to get a car up to 160, I know there
> are no straightaways long enough in my area to open up a vehicle fully
> like that.
> Bruce

It was on westbound IH-10 just outside of Houston. It was late in
the day, not much traffic.

I was racing a friend of my father's in his 1972 Corvette. His speedo
went to 150, mine to 85. I was pulling away from him, and he said his
speedo was pegged.

I was 17 years old at the time, so I don't want it to sound like
something
I make a habit of ;-)

--
Phil Hyde - Houston, TX.