Re: Mileage issues..

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 03 1997 - 23:33:54 EDT

> Bruce Aaron Hefner wrote:
> >
> > > The 3.21 is available in the Dakota, and I'm assuming other
> > > lower(?) ratios are available in the full-size trucks. I used
> > > to drive a 1975 Trans Am in high school that had a 2.56 posi!
> > > That thing was a dog off the line, but it would do 160!
> > >
> > Hey Phil where did you find a place to get a car up to 160, I know there
> > are no straightaways long enough in my area to open up a vehicle fully
> > like that.
> > Bruce
>
> It was on westbound IH-10 just outside of Houston. It was late in
> the day, not much traffic.
>
> I was racing a friend of my father's in his 1972 Corvette. His speedo
> went to 150, mine to 85. I was pulling away from him, and he said his
> speedo was pegged.
>
> I was 17 years old at the time, so I don't want it to sound like
> something
> I make a habit of ;-)
>
> --
> Phil Hyde - Houston, TX.
> work - ephy@ngccorp.com (M-F 8-5) play - philh@insync.net
> www - http://www.insync.net/~philh

The fastest I've been is about 120 in my brother's Honda Accord on the
highway between Chattanooga, TN and Birmingham, AL. My brothers and I
left an hour or 2 after one of our uncles yet we beat him there, wonder
how that happened? ;-) If I ever get a Viper plan on taking it out to
Montana where they dropped the speed limit and open it up on one of those
long flat straightaways they have out there, can't wait.
Bruce