Re: Mopar Action Dakota -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 10:40:55 EDT

Andre wrote:
No sweat Mike. What I did was put the jack in a plastic bag and,
using some heavy duty zip ties, strap it to the inside of the
passenger side frame rail near the spare tire. My long term solution
is to have a welder fabricate a bracket there for a sturdier, more
easily accessible set up. Or you can carry a can of fix-a-flat and a
cell phone ;-)

Mike, the way I secured the jack after I got my speaker box in was I
got a small "eye screw" (ya know, the things you can screw into wood
that have a loop on one end of them), 2 or 3 regular wood screws
about 2 inches long, and a small rubber bungie cord. I laid the jack
on the side of the box (I put mine on the passenger side about 1/2
way up the side of the box) and figured out where I wanted to
position it, then put the eye screw into the box. Then I hooked one
end of the bungie cord into the eye screw and brought the rubber part
of the bungie over the jack and measured how long it needed to be to
clear it (I did this without stretching it). Then I took the bungie
and cut it about 1 inch shorter than I meauserd it to be, and screwed
that end of the bungie against the box using the 2 or 3 wood screws
mentioned before. The I just put the jack back up there, pulled the
bungie around it, and hooked the bungie into the eye screw. I've
never had any problems with it since day one, and it keeps it out of
the way. No problems with it catching on the seatbelt, either. Just
my .02

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb auto
s0042745@cedarville.edu

Hmmm.... Some ideas there. I was kinda thinking along those lines
of
mounting it to the frame somewere. Thanks for the idea, I may try it
out some time.

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	93 Mark III 4X2 reg. cab SWB