Re: Bed Protection

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 04 1997 - 11:13:55 EDT

At 11:08 PM 6/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks for all of the opinions on bed protection. I'm still undecided -
it's a toss-up between the BedRug and the dealer installed Dodge liner.

>If anyone has any horror stories about either of these, let me know.
>
>The spray-ins look good - but they're pricey and I've heard quite a bit
about over-spray problems.

>Actually this has been a much more difficult decision than anything else
associated with buying the truck.

>Dave
>
>ps - my head is spinning from all the info you guys are putting out on
this list - quite an unexpected resource.

Dave:

Watch out for the bed mats made out of old tires. I bought one and within
a week I had rust stains all over the box from the shards of steel belting
which weren't removed when the mat was manufactured. Also got one scratch.
 Rust stains polished off.

Needless to say, the mat went back to the supplier and I bought a plastic
box liner.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, B.C.