Stick vs. Auto/TBI/C@C

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 17:42:00 EDT

> I almost bought a standard cab v6 (stick), which was pretty quick,
>but then I sat in a club cab and knew I had to have one. I drove a
>club cab with a 6 and an auto, which was too sluggish for my tastes. I
>then drove a v8 club cab with an auto, which was better. :) I didn't
get
>to try a v8 stick until the day I drove my truck home from the dealer.
>Ahhh, the best of both worlds. :) (IMHO, of course, and at the risk of

>igniting an auto vs. stick war.) :)

Speaking of auto vs. 5-speed, I wonder what the ratio is of people on the
list who have 5-speeds to the ones who have automatics?? We did the
whole thing with RPMs at 70 mph with different gear ratios, we should be
able to come up with some numbers for the stick vs. auto
comparison...(this is *NOT* to start a tranny war!) To each his own, I
say, but we all have the same model truck, and we can appreciate
different options (and opinions) different people have! I've got the
stick and I think it's the best thing since sliced bread *ESPECIALLY* in
the wintertime driving around in 4WD, but I'm sure any Dakota owner with
an auto and 2WD is just as happy... So who wants to keep the, er,
_score_, um I mean tally??

:-)

P.S. Talked to Jules the other day, my SS TBI is finally at the coaters!!
 I should have it soon!! My ignition parts arrived yesterday, and I will
be grabbing a few more parts before C@C in July (chrome diff. covers,
etc)... Hopefully, everything will be on in time for the show!! So who
else from the DML is going?? Anyone? The Dakota list needs more
representation at C@C!!

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/