Re: 3-door trucks (attn: Bruce Aaron Hefner)

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 15:40:36 EDT

> Bruce,
>
> I have been nosing around trying to find out about the multi-door trucks.
> My wife has been with Chrysler for 31 years and does some forecasting.
> I don"t think a 3-door Dakota will be in the near future....But there should
> be a full 4-door Ram in September. I think the back doors will open
> from the middle. (suicide). That truck with a 8 1/2 foot bed will be
> L A R G E. Maybe need a commerical license to drive it. : )
>
> David R.
> Sterling Heights
> Michigan

That seems like a tactical error on their part since their competitors are
doing it, the S-10 already has it and I think the Ranger will have soon, I
mean I thought the key to be successful is to stay ahead of your
competitors, if they have an option seems only logical that you would add
it also, I know they have a jump with the new design but they shouldn't
squander it by not staying up with options. That's my opinion anyway,
maybe CC is getting cocky with their new success and don't think they can
be caught, but they should heed one thing, "Pride goeth before a fall".

Bruce

P.S.- The 4 dour Ram sounds totally awesome, if it wasn't for the fact I
love Daks so much I'd consider getting it.