'97 on order-still building?

From: Gardner1@Bellsouth.net
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 21:44:13 EDT

Hey! New to the mailing list....I have a '97 Dakota on order(I want a V-8 5-speed....
...extended cab, sport, 4X4, 31" tire package, etc., etc.) and on Monday I was told
that there is a possibility that it will not get built. I ordered it on April 26th, and
May 15th was the last day to order a '97 (I knew that the end of the year was getting
close, but I had no idea how close and that there was a stike going on). I was told
that the truck plant was 940,000 units behind!!! because of the strike. My dealership
is still fighting to get my truck built. I was wondering if anyone has heard any news
on the subject. Will I ever get my truck??? I realize that with the '98 I can get the
360 engine instead of the 318, but I am kind of getting impatient for my truck, and I
have heard that the 360 only comes with an automatic transmission. Also, (in case I
have no choice but to wait on the '98)does anyone have any idea of the price difference
(expecially on the R/T) and the time frame for delivery? Any info will be greatly
appreciated.:-)
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)