Re: 97 Daks and CB radios

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 16:11:11 EDT

On Thu, 05 Jun 1997 22:40:18 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm not sure what kind of radio you are looking for. I wanted a CB to use
>on the highway so I wasn't too concerned about getting a top-quality model.
>So I just went to radio shack and purchased a TRC-464 for about $50. The
>nice part about this radio is that it is only about 4.5" wide. I was able
>to mount it under the dash to the left of the gear shift (5-speed).

Good place, but I already mounted a electronic brake controller there
for my horse trailer. One more area I am looking at is right below the
dash, on the passenger side. There is a metal rail that runs the whole
side of the dash, looks good, should'nt be in the way of the
passengers legs. I found a Cobra remanufactured radio on the web for
$49.00, the mike has all the buttons, and a small electronic box
mounts under the dash or seat.

> It fits
>real well without interference with driving. It's nothing special, but it
>does what I need it to and it is compact. Again, I'm not sure what criteria
>you have for a radio, but if you are just looking for something cheap I
>would recommend this. Sorry if this doesn't help--just thought I would
>mention it.

I will mainly be using it to talk to others in my club when we go out
four-wheeling. I need some decent range, as we do go into the hills,
but not enought to talk to truckers in the next state. Thanks for your
input.

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow