Re: '97 on order-still building?

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 23:11:14 EDT

> At 11:13 AM 6/6/97 +0900, you wrote:
> >Gardner1@Bellsouth.net wrote:
> >
> >> Hey! New to the mailing list....I have a '97 Dakota on order(I want
> >> a V-8 5-speed....
> >> ...extended cab, sport, 4X4, 31" tire package, etc., etc.) and on
> >> Monday I was told
> >> that there is a possibility that it will not get built. I ordered it
> >> on April 26th, and
> >> May 15th was the last day to order a '97 (I knew that the end of the
> >> year was getting
> >>
> <snip>
> > Oh dear !!! I ordered mine on May 19th.....Man I hope they are
> >building it. I have waited almost 2 years total for this thing and I
> >can not wait any longer!! HAHAHA
> >If they won't build it then I am gonna opt for a 98 R/T and ask for
> >some sort of rebate or something. I really! hope that alot of this is
> >all just speculation on the dealers parts.
> >Can anyone update me? Being 6000 miles away from home and on a small
> >island does have its disadvantages.... hahaha Tanx!!
> >
> >Shawn Shultzaberger
> >(maybe not a 97 anymore... haha)
> >

> I never want to rain on anyone's parade but you guys might be up s*&t's
> creek. The factory will have to start gettin' ready to ramp up for the '98
> build real soon. They have to have trucks at the dealers for early fall.
>
> One good note......940,000 units would be an excellent sales number for the
> whole year. I really doubt they've got orders still pending for this many
> trucks. Keep hounding your salepeople!!

Well guys I'm inclined to agree with Sean, it doesn't look godd for you
getting your trucks built, but on a good note i saw on a CC webpage that
they're increasing their annual truck production capacity by like a
million units next year so if you don't get it this year it should be
pretty easy to get one next year (unless of course the demand keeps
increasing, and from what I've heard it's increasing at a pretty good
clip), or so one would hope.

Bruce