Dodge Dakota Phones

From: Lee Jacobs (LJacobs@calvin.uchsc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 12:15:57 EDT

Hey guys - Found an internet ad for a Dodge Dakota Phone,
Information Follow:
********************** START OF AD ************************************
These phones are 1/20 scale of the dodge
dakota.The handset is the hood,roof,tonneau-covered bed top and tailgate;
everything below the window line is the cradle. It features mute and redial
buttons, as well as a pulse/tone option and a ringer on off switch.They read
DODGE on the tailgate, and DAKOTA on the front fenders.Plus the Dodge Truck
emblem on both undersides. They were given to selected company executives. 50
of them were presented, and I was able to purchase the remanders.I have red,
blue and white ones. I am asking $39.95 a piece till they are gone. make
checks to Matt Turner at P.O BOX 42275 Cleveland,Ohio 44142.
they are pre-97 (92-96) They are made by Unisonic. there are no
"decals" everything is molded in,or painted on. And they work great. Hope you
like them. They were featured in the June 1994 High performance mopar. there
is a picture in there. Sorry I don't have one scanned.
*********************** END OF AD ***********************************
Now, I'm not a trusting individual but I did send a check for a Red
one (he originally posted he only had 1 red, 1 white, and 1 blue one.
It sounds fishy to me, but I'll let you know if/when I get the phone.
He didn't say if shipping was extra.

What would make me feel better is if someone had the June 1994 Hi-Per Mopar,
and verify / maybe scan a picture in ??

His e-mail address is hemipower@aol.com (aol - another reason to
be cautious about this offer).

Wish me luck ! Again - I'll let you know if/when I get one.
If I get ripped off - I'll let you know that, too.

Lee Jacobs,
1996 SLT CC 4x4 5 Speed 5.2L 3.55SG ABS, but doesn't have a mute button.

   __
  / / ___ ___ Lee Jacobs
 / / / _ \/ _ \ LJacobs@Calvin.UCHSC.Edu
/ /__| __/ __/ University of Colorado Health Sciences
\____/\___|\___| Big Aspirations, Small Wallet.