Re: July Popular Mechanics.

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 11:18:53 EDT

> Phil wrote:
>
> > From: Phil Hyde <philh@insync.net>
> > I guess it all depends on your market area. I live in Houston, Tx.,
> > and I thought I would see alot more of them down here. I see Rams
> > out the wazoo, but no Daks. I think I've seen all of two the past
> > several weeks.
> >
> > I'm sure they are out there, but again it probably just depends on
> > where you live.....
>
> Phil, the reason that you see all those Rams in your area is because all of
> those trucks are parked while their owners wait (and wait and wait) for those
> Magnum Performance throttle bodies to be delivered. :^)
>
> You don't *see* the Dakotas because the Dak owners are out driving the heck out
> 'em! :^)
>

> =Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv
> '68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
> '97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone

Or waiting for them to be delivered, CC is extremely behind on Daks,
demand is far outstripping supply, i think we'll be seeing a whole lot
more once CC gets caught up with all the orders. But I already see a lot
 here in North GA, in fact Rams and Daks are about all you see around
here, Dodge has almost got a monopoly on trucks here, everyone's buying
them, from the fat-cat millionares to the people barely making ends meet.
I don't really get it, I've seen several people that have a Dak or Ram
worth more than the house they're living in. I just don't know, all I
know is they extremely popular here.

Bruce