Re: Dak stocks low...

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 13:03:06 EDT

> Regarding the bedliner for the 97, couple questions
> fer y'all...

  I've got the Dodge bedliner for my '95. Some questions apply,
some do not. Here's what I can share:

> + Are there openings for the tie downs (embedded
> ones in front, and back ones on side wall?

  No stock tiedown location for us pre-'97 owners, unfortunately.
I bought some excellent Hide-A-Loop stainless tiedowns, which fit
in to the stake pockets.

> + The bed has the recessed notches for 2x6's so
> that sheets of plywood can be laid flat. Does
> the mopar bedliner preserve this? I like that
> idea. I thought it was cool.

  The Dodge bedliner preserves this feature. I have notches and
2x4s cut to fit. They have worked well for me.

> + I'm going to get a fiberglass tonneau cover,
> is an under the rail better in this case, or
> doesn't it matter?

  Depends on the mounting, but it is safe to say that the bedliner
style most definitely affects one's ability to mount on-bed options
like caps and covers. Get the underrail style.

  Ron