RE: More latenight cruisin'

From: Robert Tufts (rbt@frontiernet.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 13:30:31 EDT

From: Andy Callahan:

Well, I'm not implying that all Neons are fast--I'm just saying that Neons
have the potential (and available parts) to be very quick. I just don't
think it's fair to come down on four cylinders like that. My sister has a
'94 Saturn with the DOHC 4 banger and it can outrun my V8. Just cause it
doesn't rumble like a V8 doesn't mean it can't get up and go. Hell, look at
the Porsche 911 Turbo. I know it's turbo charged, but it's an inline 6 that
can get to sixty in 3.9 seconds. I think that downplaying a car because
it's not a V8 is being very close-minded.

Exactly! My 2.0 liter 170hp car at 2300 lbs will smoke a 5.2l V8 230hp Dak@4000 lbs and
100hp will do nicely on a 500 lb bike.

With so much weight, I really think the V8 is the only way to go if you expect to
tow anything. Not to mention the torque, which is what a truck is all about (as
pointed out in an earlier thread, higher HP at too high an RPM is not the way
to build a truck. You fall off the cam and it's all over for towing).

-Bob T.