More latenight cruisin'

From: Pat Buthmann (patb@mindless.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 1997 - 02:30:09 EDT

Darn,

        I just happened to be out Ferd and Cheby huntin' tonight, prowlin' the rain soaked city streets of Calgary, in search of willing challengers, hoping to decal a couple of X's (or whatever we decide) on the website, and perhaps (if I'm crazy enough) onto the side of the Dak. However, disappointment reigned tonight, no takers on the open road. It seems that people either don't take the Dak seriously (4x4 after all), or they're scared shitless of it. Personally, I'd like to think the latter. However, I did have one punk kid in a ******ed up Dodge Neon try to race. I almost lost due to laughing so hard. I blanked out the adjective describing the Neon, mostly due to the politically correct nature of my brain at 12:30 AM. But you know the kind of car, Neon running lights all the way around, with Neon fog lights in front. Kind of makes sense, since it is a .... Dodge NEON!. More chrome than a '75 Cadillac, chrome on the gas tank cover, chrome rims, chrome mirrors, bumpers, etc. Anyhow, where this kid got the idea his car was fast I'll never know. Maybe the neon lights were some kind of matter/anti-matter engine.
Anyhow, 3 block lead, along with a good laugh. Coulda used some more competition though...

Pat Buthmann