Re: Stick vs. Auto/TBI/C@C (final tally?)

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 16:59:22 EDT

> At 03:41 PM 6/6/97 -0400, Bruce Aaron Hefner wrote:
> [...]
> >> A little bit of additional info: 17 (48.5%) of the sticks were V8's.
> >> 33 (63.5%) of the autos were V8's, for a ratio of v8 autos to v8 sticks of
> >> 1.94:1; a little higher when you add the V8. These numbers would seem to
> >> support the theory that a v8 stick is a rare beast. :) Just to throw
> >> a couple more numbers into the brew, lets see how the v8 stick compares to
> >> the entire field: 17 v8 sticks out of 57 vehicles. That means 29.8% of
> >> the trucks are v8 sticks, which are outnumbered by a 3.35:1 ratio.
> >
> >Actually Jon, that's 17 V8 sticks out of a total of 87 (52 + 35) vehicles
> >for a 19.54% of trucks are V8 sticks, which are outnumberd by a 4.12:1
> >ratio. Just thought you'd want to know you made a little error,
> >everything else is ok though.
>
> Ahhhh... Crap! :P
>
> Good eye, Bruce! Thanks for the quick save. :)

No problem man, might not be good at much, but I am good at checking
calculations. :)

> >> The percentage of v8 sticks is actually quite surprising to me. I
> >> would have expected a much lower showing. I expect that part of the
> >> reason for this may be the performance oriented nature of many subscribers.
> >> I think the "real world" percentage would be a lot lower.
>
> Thanks to Bruce's correction, the actual percentage is a lot lower than
> the one I calculated, but I must admit, it still seems a little high when
> compared to what I've seen out on the paved streets of the "real world".
>

> >> Well, that's more than enough math out of me for one day. :)
> >>

> See? I *knew* that was too much math for one day! ;)
>
> -Jon-
I know what you mean, too much math in one day can just make your head
spin, that's why I'm glad I've only got 2 more quarters of Calc. Never
knew what migraines were till I started taking college Calc. But I guess
that's what the Daks are for, nothing like driving the s##t out of your
truck to relieve stress. Later-

Bruce