Re: Wax was: Fastest Dakota

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 21:07:08 EDT

<< My guess would be that the secret is to use sponges, towels, etc. that
 are as soft as possible? >>

Jon

Be careful with sponges as they can get a little piece of grit in the pores
and raise hell with a finish. I use a good soft deep mitt and a deep bucket
of water and dip the mitt in each time and slosh it around to let the grit
drop out. I then dry with them super absobent chamios replacers that you get
at the State Fair for about $10 and then use the chamios for fine tuning. BUT
I think you still get fine swirls ect.. I know a couple of guys with black
trucks and the only way they get them out is to buff them with a power buffer
with a good quality swirl remover such as Liquid Ebony and tehn wax it. It
looks super for a day or 2 or until you wash it a few times and then they are
back... One of the guys also uses Liquid Glass wax about $15 but sure looks
great. I use and have used for some time Wesleys Auto Polish but have a hard
time finding it sometimes. It is cheap Real Easy to use, you do the whole car
and then wipe it off and it comes off pretty easy, and it last super and
shines better than anything I've used. I run out of it in the middle of the
hood of a car I had and I used about 6 other waxes that were laying around
half empty but they all looked dull compared to the Wesleys so I had to run
out and get another can.

Hope this gives you some food for thought..

Bill