Dodge Service SUCKS (Long story)

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 15:05:11 EDT

Greetings listers,

        Took my Dak in for service today. Took it to Earnhart's in
Arizona, they are supposed to be the largest Dodge dealer in the
country, and supposedly the best too. Went in to get the following
fixed...

        1) Battery was leaking. Corroded the tray, power steering
box/hoses, frame rail, etc.

        2) Window washer bottle leaking/fluid disappears

        3) Passenger door that the wife bent the hinges

Dropped it off at 0730, picked it up at 1730. The following was not
fixed or screwed up.

        1) Battery failed load test, and was replaced with Mopar
battery. Cool deal. They also replaced the battery tray. They did not
clean the corrosion off of the steering box,lines,or lower
cross-member. The monkey also %!$%^&(&*() spray painted the frame rail
with black paint. He did not mask off the inner-fenderwell, or the
brake line, or anything behind it. He also failed to clean off the
chipped/corroded paint, just painted over it. Wanted to kill
monkey-man.

        2) Couldn't find a leak in the washer bottle. I can clearly
see the blue streak were the fluid is leaving.

        3) Re-adjusted the striker to fit the door. Did not replace
the hinges. Also found that the drivers door was "misadjusted". It was
fine before, now it doesn't close right.

        There was no-charge for any of this ( Believe that? Like I
would pay for someone to @#*&*& my truck up ) all covered under
warranty. Got the service writer. Try to keep cool, before I went
postal on everyone in sight. Pointed out to Bozo and his boss the
screw-ups. Solution,steam clean the engine. Big deal. I was still
pissed and made another appointment on the 21st to get the rest of it
cleared up. I really hate Dodge service, where's my shotgun...

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow