Re: Dodge Service SUCKS (Long story)

From: jaallis (jaallis@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Jun 07 1997 - 23:36:30 EDT

Steve Lowe wrote:

> Greetings listers,
>
> Took my Dak in for service today. Took it to Earnhart's in
> Arizona, they are supposed to be the largest Dodge dealer in the
> country, and supposedly the best too. Went in to get the following
> fixed...
>
> 1) Battery was leaking. Corroded the tray, power steering
> box/hoses, frame rail, etc.
>
> 2) Window washer bottle leaking/fluid disappears
>
> 3) Passenger door that the wife bent the hinges
>
> Dropped it off at 0730, picked it up at 1730. The following was not
> fixed or screwed up.
>
> 1) Battery failed load test, and was replaced with Mopar
> battery. Cool deal. They also replaced the battery tray. They did not
> clean the corrosion off of the steering box,lines,or lower
> cross-member. The monkey also %!$%^&(&*() spray painted the frame rail
> with black paint. He did not mask off the inner-fenderwell, or the
> brake line, or anything behind it. He also failed to clean off the
> chipped/corroded paint, just painted over it. Wanted to kill
> monkey-man.
>
> 2) Couldn't find a leak in the washer bottle. I can clearly
> see the blue streak were the fluid is leaving.
>
> 3) Re-adjusted the striker to fit the door. Did not replace
> the hinges. Also found that the drivers door was "misadjusted". It was
> fine before, now it doesn't close right.
>
> There was no-charge for any of this ( Believe that? Like I
> would pay for someone to @#*&*& my truck up ) all covered under
> warranty. Got the service writer. Try to keep cool, before I went
> postal on everyone in sight. Pointed out to Bozo and his boss the
> screw-ups. Solution,steam clean the engine. Big deal. I was still
> pissed and made another appointment on the 21st to get the rest of it
> cleared up. I really hate Dodge service, where's my shotgun...
>
> Steve
>
> 97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
> Gibson Cat-Back...
> Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow
Glad to see that I'm not the only one Earnhardt's screws up on. Took
them 2 yrs to find a problem in my 94 Dak. They had my truck so much
that I made them make one of the monthly payments. I've got some things
that need attention but I can't be without my truck for a week as they
never seem to want to fit me in the schedule.
Jay