Re: Mileage issues.. (long)

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 08 1997 - 16:29:17 EDT

<< Any ideas on how to get some low end torque back? Sam felt his headers
 improved his torque, I wonder if they would work well with the rockers or
 if I should concentrate on the intake side?

I have been playing with a program I got off the Staging light sight called
Drag Strip Plus and just ordered the registered version $40. It will take all
the info you can find out about your set up and I mean everything and will
use the info to give you what your 1/4 mile time should be including 60',
1/8, and 1/4 and then tell you your optimum set up and make suggestions as to
improving things. You can then change them in the program and it will come
back and tell you the results. The shareware version has saved me a ton of
loot already. The biggest improvement it reccomended for mine without NOS was
a 3900 Torque converter which it said would improve the 1/4 by about 1/2
second. But optimum for the NOS was 2150 where I have a 2000??? What to do
what to do..??? I like you want the most bang for the buck and don't have a
lot to waste trying advertisers claims..

Good luck!!

Bill