Was: Re: More latenight cruisin' - Is: Durango transfer cases

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Jun 09 1997 - 16:14:06 EDT

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 23:16:29 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>I have a question relating to the Durango, are they gonna be the automatic
>4 wheel drive, or are they gonna be shift on the fly 4 wheel like the Dak.

Bruce,

        They should be the same as the Dak, but I have heard rumors
than there might be a full-time four-wheel drive case that is
currently in the Jeep Grand Cherokee. It would be a option, and it
would give you 2 high, 4 high all-road, 4 high "locked", and 4 low. It
would be similar to the old Quadra-Trak transfer cases...

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow