Re: Dodge Service SUCKS-Round Two

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 16:38:28 EDT

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 22:49:37 -0400, you wrote:

>Good going. Remember that the mechanics don't always show the Manager
>every job they do. The manager and service advisor "trusts" their
>mechanics to do a job right.

You are right. I do not intend for the service writer/manager to
suffer any repercussions from something the mechanic did/did not do. I
do however, intend to make them do the right thing regarding the
mechanic. I worked in the auto repair field for years and my father is
currently a Mechanic's Foreman for Mercedes, so I have the knowledge
about the field and how to make them squirm....

>Also, Chrysler will audit a dealer on warr.
>parts if there seems to be a problem. They are required to keep the
>replaced part for at least a month in case of a noticed problem such as a
>defect or something like you have experienced. Also the service writer
>does not have mechanics experience (most of the time). He must "trust" his
>mechanics.

True again, but like I intend, the mechanic should/will suffer for
falsifying a report/repair order.

        thanks for your time,

        Steve

97' Dakota Sport Plus, 4X4, 5 speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes
Gibson Cat-Back...
Home Page at http://www.primenet.com/~slow