Re: Dodge Service SUCKS-Round Two

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 00:17:51 EDT

*snip*
> Good going. Remember that the mechanics don't always show the Manager
> every job they do. The manager and service advisor "trusts" their
> mechanics to do a job right. Also, Chrysler will audit a dealer on warr.
> parts if there seems to be a problem. They are required to keep the
> replaced part for at least a month in case of a noticed problem such as a
> defect or something like you have experienced. Also the service writer
> does not have mechanics experience (most of the time). He must "trust"
his
> mechanics.
>
> Just my 2 cents worth....

        Just thought I would tell you something that happens out here in
California... (It's a Ford story, bear with me!)..

        We have 2 ford vans at our company, and when they go into the
dealership for service, the mechanic has to sign in for the work, and sign
out. If the vehicle comes back with the same, it goes back to that
mechanic...
On each visit, the mechanic is 'doc-d' for each revisting.. On the 3rd
revisit
the mechanic is put on probation, and then from there will be fired...

        We've actually had good luck with our vans once we found a
dealership (ford) that was this thorough.

        On my Dodge's experiences, I've had a number of problems with
the local Dodge dealerships... I am lucky now (if you can call it that),
where I can call the Service manager on a first name basis, and tell him
E X A C T L Y what I want done, and what I don't want done on the

truck... I've had good experiences now that it has been made clear
that A N Y mistakes, oversights, etc..will be (and have been in the past)
reported to Chysler customer service (Customer Care #1)... The 2 times
I've used it (at this particular dealership once, and once at another local
shop) I've gotten results...

        BTW: I was told via an unnamed service rep, that if enough
people complained about the seat belts not retracting on the Dakotas
that a recall MIGHT be made by Chysler, as they get a lot of warranty
repairs for that problem time and time again...

        Jon, want to start another list of who has a seat belt problem??

        Sam '95 SLT